The following are extracts from the B&M documents.
'Plan of proposed siding at Pantywaun to be submitted.'- Dirs. Min. 4.3.1868
'Ordered that a new signal box be erected at Pantywaen Jen. to contain the locking frame. Cost not to exceed £80.' -
Dirs. Min. 26. 6.1873 'Foundations had been put in and remainder of work would now be proceeded with.'- Dirs. Min. 20.11.1873
'The Loco Supt. reported that the steam coal supplied by the Dowlais Iron Co. from Pantywaun Pit was of inferior quality. Ordered that no more wagons should be sent to that pit.'- Dirs. Min. 26.3.1874
'Dowlais Iron Co. had broken the connection between this company's line at Pantywaen and in future any coal from this place will be handed to us at Fochriew.'- Min. 31.8.1876
'Dowlais Iron Co. have removed the rails and sleepers from the Pantywaun Branch and to effect the crossing of trains at this point, it had been necessary to put down a temporary siding in its place.'- Dirs. Min. 26.10.1876
'Pantywaun, new refuge siding and alteration to existing one. Old signal box but with a new frame of twelve levers.
Ready for inspection 15.10.1893, Inspection Report dated 5.12.1893.'- National Archives MT6/638/9
'New short siding to hold two vans has been put in off the Mountain Siding, Pantywaen.'- Tfc & Works Com. Min. 29.7.1919
Pantywaun sidings, all connections removed c6.1939
There were 2 Fochriw Junctions, one on the Brecon and Merthyr Railway and the other on the Joint GWR/Rhymney Railway at Cwm Bargoed.
The Fochriw Colliery Branch (B&M) was in situ when the line was inspected on 25.4.1866.
Under an agreement dated 23 March 1871 with the B&M, the LNWR were granted running powers from Dowlais Top to Fochriw Pit. However, the LNWR requested that the junction at Fochriw be turned in accordance with the agreement. The cost of the diversion was about £400, half of which was borne by LNWR.
In association with the junction a Signalman’s Box was erected, the costs not to exceed £40 and the whole works was ready for inspection on 7 December 1872, with the Inspection Report being completed on 26 December 1872.