In 1879 Fochriw Junction was made a Block Telegraph station at a cost of £33.5.5. However, on Sunday morning 2 January 1884, a fire totally destroyed the signal cabin but by 12 January of that year a new installation was completed.
During 1910 the signal cabin was renewed at a cost of £94, however, this was replaced by a ground frame (date unknown) and the colliery branch and ground frame were taken out of use on 13 January1957.
As with the colliery branch connected to the B&M railway, the branch connected to the Joint GWR/Rhymney Railway at Cwm Bargoed was owned by the Dowlais Iron Co. and part of this branch, where it passed underneath the Roman road just south of the Tunnel Pits passed through a short tunnel. Presumably this was done in order not to impede the layout of the colliery surface works.
However, on 17 March 1875, an agreement was made between the Dowlais Iron Co., Rhymney Railway and Great Western Railway to demolish the tunnel and replace it with an open cutting.
Traffic local to the B&M. and Rhymney lines could be worked via Cwmbargoed and Fochriw Colliery and then over the Dowlais Co.'s line to Fochriw Jen., it being found more economical than the old route via Hengoed.
Ogilvie colliers platform was opened on 8 June 1925
27 June 1925 Ogilvie Halt The people of Fochriw and district are delighted that the workmen’s train now stops at the recently erected platform opposite Ogilvie Pits.
22 August 1925 Train Service Quite a boon has been conferred on the inhabitants of the district by the new workmen’s train service for Ogilvie, Groesfaen and Bargoed. Trains run from Dowlais and Fochriw for morning, afternoon and night shifts, and also from Pengam to the above collieries. Thanks are due to all who have worked so hard to bring about this successful outcome.
Ogilvie Village Halt
Ogilvie village halt was opened on 16 May 1935.
Dowlais Iron Co. in their meeting on 30 September 1885, decided to sink their new pit above Deri Jen. and on the Rhymney line. However, since the Rhymney Railway metals ceased at Deri Junction, this must refer to the B&M line.