The Mission Hall (Penticostal Chapel)
The Mission Hall was leased for the sum of £2.13.6 on a 99 year term (less 3 days) from 1 July 1865 by Mr Thomas Williams and others, from Guest Keen & Nettlefolds Limited, a successor to the Dowlais Iron Company,
The Penticostal Mission Church, known as the Mission Hall, which had an open out-door baptismal pool, was founded on 25 August 1932. The building was originally the colliery Ambulance Hall and Band Club. However, prior to the move to this building, a small group, led by Pastor David Thomas, first held meetings in the disused Fochriw School in 1926.
A view, from the top of the red-ash tip, of the location of the future ambulance hall and subsequently the Mission Hall of the Assemblies of God