important point was raised by one of the jurymen, Mr. J. D. Jones, as to whether it was possible to reach the pay office without crossing the sidings. It was agreed that it was not possible. Whereupon, it was proposed that a rider be added to the verdict respectfully calling the attention of the company to the need for a pay office in the village so as to avoid the danger of crossing the sidings. The Coroner said that this was not possible as the old lady was not killed while walking to or from the pay office. Mr. C. Payne (jury foreman), Coun. John Jones, and Mr. George Sibley also agreed with Mr. J. D. Jones’ suggestion, and hoped the company would be good enough to consider this important question. The foreman pointed out that a very convenient place would be the ambulance hall. Messrs. J. Bevan (manager), Robson (locomotive supt.), Sergt. Williams and P. C. Perrott were also present.
31 July 1915    

Railway Accident   A railway accident occurred at Fochriw on Friday last. A goods train was nearing the station when the coupling between the guard's van and a passenger coach broke. The guard's van was thrown across the 6ft way.  Before the train was brought to a standstill, the coach, which contained no passengers, also left the metals, tearing up the permanent way as it was borne along. The line between Deri and Fochriw being a single one, the Newport to Brecon train, which was full of passengers, could not proceed. Within an hour, the four o'clock train steamed into Fochriw station bound for Newport. This train also was held up. It was eventually decided to change trains, so that passengers from the up train walked to the station to take their places in the down train, and the down train passengers walked to the spot below the smash to join the up train. Colliers and others helped to transfer luggage from one trained to the other. A breakdown gang was soon on the scene, and by six o'clock the van and coach had been removed from the permanent way.

4 March 1916   
Railway Accident   A sad accident occurred on the Brecon and Merthyr Railway early on Sunday morning. Mr. John Price, who was well-known in Dowlais and Merthyr, and lived at Fochriw Junction, was found on the railway in a terribly mutilated condition. By his side lay the body of his spaniel dog. It appears that Mr. Price left of Fochriw on Saturday night for his home, and was run down by one of the trains which he was unable to hear approaching him owing to the snowstorm.

Inquest   Mr. R. J. Rhys, coroner, conducted an inquiry at the Rising Sun Inn on Thursday week concerning the death of Mr. John Price, Fochriw Junction, who was found on the line near of Fochriw on Sunday night last. Evidence was given by Mr. T. H. Matthews, nephew, and Mr. C. C. Abbi, platelayer. The jury returned a verdict of "Accidental Death." The funeral took place on Thursday week at Pant Cemetery. Deceased was 49 years of age. Revs. I. Williams, J. Roderick, and R. D. Jenkins officiated at the house and graveside.  The mourners were: Messrs. David Price and Dan Price, brothers; Mr. Thomas Evans, brother-in-law; Messrs. T. Matthews, William Phillips, J. Evans, Jenkins Thomas

3 February 1940
Accident   Miss M. J. Evans, Dowlais, was injured on Saturday night at Fochriw station platform. She was on a visit to her sister-in-law, Mrs. Evans, Martin-street, when she fell and fractured her leg. She was conveyed to the home of her sister-in-law.

17 August 1951
Wagon Fire. Reported in the 24 August 1951 issue of the Raiway Gazette. A 10 ton wagon containing 67 carbouys of hydrochloric acid caught fire as the train of which it formed part was running between Deri Junction and Fochriw Western Region on 17 August. The train was divided and the front part, with the blazing wagon, was hauled to Fochriw, where firemenn and railwaymen saved all but seven of the carbouys.
I can recall this, being 6 years old at the time. The carbouys were glass and packed around by straw. It was a hot sunny day and the class must have acted as a lense thus setting the straw alight.