Mount Pleasant Outing Club
28 August 1915 Mount Pleasant Outing Club The members of the above club held their annual outing on Saturday. The party journeyed to Leominster by motor-car. The secretary was Mr. C. R. Mills.
Fochriw Allotment Society
During February 1916 a meeting was held in the Council Schools to discuss the possibility of converting a plot of Council owned land into an allotments. In order to do this the Council required 60 names of people that were interested. Each allotment plot would be 10 perches, the annual rental being 6d per perch.
The first Annual Flower and Vegetable Show took place during September 1918 and the judges commended all exhibitors on the quality of their produce given the condition of the land.
The following year saw Pentwyn join the Society, with Penybanc joining during 1920 since each of the villages boasted an allotment.
During the 1960/70’s the allotments became largely unused with the Penybanc and Pentwyn allotments ceasing to exist, however, subsequently, the Fochriw allotment took on a new lease of life and, to date (2008) is still active, conifer trees having been planted around the curtilage of the allotment to act as a wind break.
24 April 1920 Pentwyn Building Club The members of this club sat down to an excellent supper at the White Horse Inn on Saturday evening. The tables had been beautifully decorated and laden with all the good things necessary to make a good supper. Thanks to the host and hostess, Mr. and Mrs. Philip Vines. Afterwards, Mr. Evan Jones delivered a very able address.
21 October 1922 Wireless Society The weekly meeting of the above society took place at Noddfa Vestry on Wednesday. Most of the evening was given over to instruction on Morse Code.
10 February 1923 Fochriw Wireless Society A concert was given under the auspices of the above society at Noddfa Vestry, and was presided over by Mr. W. J. Payne. Mr. John Bevan, M.E., proposed a vote of thanks, seconded by Rev. S. Evans. Dr. T. Stenner Evans