In the 1860 census, Pentwyn was known as Blackwell village.
During September 1910 the building of 14 houses commenced at Pentwyn (which houses?).
The 4 September 1915 issue of the Merthyr Express recorded the sale of Ffynnonau Duon farm at Pentwyn
Sale FFYNONAU DUON FARM, FOCHRIW Distance about half a mile from Fochriw Station on the Brecon and Merthyr railway, and about two miles from Bedlinog Station on the Great Western and Rhymney Railways.
HIGHLY IMPORTANT SALE OF FARMING STOCK, CROPS, IMPLEMENTS, HARDY'S, ETC. SHEEP: 16 mountain breeding ewes, 20 fat and store lambs.
CATTLE: 5 cows in milk and in calf; 1 cow in full milk; 1 yearling heifer; 1 yearling steer; 2 calves. HORSES: 1 aged horse pony, about 13 hands high, good worker; one 2-year-old pony.
PIGS: 1 fat pig.
IMPLEMENTS: 1 cart, gambo, trap, swing plough, a pair of harrows, 1h.p. mowing machine, rakes, pikes, scythes and sneads, 3 ladders, cow chains, two pig troughs, a hay knife, etc.
DAIRY UTENSILS: small butter churn, butter prints, milk pans, etc. CROPS: the whole of the crop of hay on the farm in three lots.
MR WILLIAM LEWIS has been favoured with instructions from Mrs Thomas, who is leaving the farm, to sell by PUBLIC AUCTION at the above named place on MONDAY, 20th SEPTEMBER, 1915. Luncheon on the table at 12 o'clock. Sale commences at 1.30 sharp. Terms, cash. Auctioneer's Office, Bryntition, Nelson, Cardiff. August 31st 1915.
Houses and Buildings in Sequence
1 May 1858 1 – 3 Hill Terrace
1 May 1858 Mount Pleasant Inn
1 May 1858 2 – 6 Mount Pleasant Row
1 May 1858 7 – 11 Mount Pleasant Row
1 May 1868 1 – 4 & 7 – 8 Davies Row
Link to Google Earth