remainder of a term of 76 years from the first day of January, 1881 (except the last ten days) at an annual ground rent of £1-17s.
Lot 2: All that Dwelling House situate and being No.5 Stoney Houses, Penybank, Fochriw, together with the Laundry, Hospital, Matron’s House and adjoining shed, formerly used by the Council as an Isolation Hospital. No.5 Stoney Houses is in the occupation of a monthly tenant at a rental amounting to £13 per annum. The remainder of the Lot is vacant. These premises are held for the remainder of a term of 76 years from the first day of January, 1881 (except the last ten days) at an annual ground rent of £2-15s-7d. The minerals are reserved.
Lot 3: All those four Dwelling Houses and Premises being Nos. 1, 2, 3, and 4, Chapel Street, Penybank, Fochriw, now in the occupation of monthly tenants, at rentals amounting to £61-12s. per annum. These premises are held for the remainder of a term of 99 years from the first day of January, 1865 at an annual ground rent of £2-13s-6d per annum.
Due to the death of Mr. J. J. Evans, Penybanc farm was sold by public auction on Monday, 15th March, 1954 at 1 o’clock.
An advert for tenders for repairs to Penybanc Hospital was placed in the 9 May 1891 issue of the Merthyr Express.
It was reported in the 22 August 1891 issue of the Merthyr Express that Dr E Jones had written to the Rural Sanitation Authority asking if they were prepared to enter into some kind of contract for medical attendamce at Penybanc Hospital. The matter was deferred.
In the 29 August 1891 issue of the Merthyr Express the Merthyr Rural Sanitory Authority appointed Dr. E. Davies, Vochriw, permanent medical officer, for a fee of £1-1-0 each case, including medicine. It was also reported that the number of patients admitted to the Brithdir Hospital from April 7th to the present was 28.
In July 1909 the Gelligaer Urban District Council advertised for tenders for the hire of a horse and man for conveying patients in the Council's Ambulance to the Isolation Hospital at Penybank, near Fochriw.
1 January 1856 5 - 10 Stoney Houses
1 January 1859 1 – 4 Stoney Houses